Mardi Gras Birthday Celebration Part 1 {Decor and Food}

Our Mardi Gras Birthday Celebration turned out wonderful!
My Mom wanted to host a birthday celebration for all the birthdays we did not get to celebrate before the year was over. Since my Mom wanted to cook shrimp & girts I suggested we have a Mardi Gras party. The Mardi Gras theme wasn't easy to pull off since there where hardly anything Mardi Gras in stores.

Invitations
Since we were crunch for time I sent out evites to everyone on Facebook saying:
"Prepare to sip on Hurricanes, feast on Shrimp & Girts, Jambalaya, and so much more! Join us for a Mardi Gras party in true N'awlins style for a birthday celebration to honor the past birthdays of DJ, Keisha, Auntie, Zaya, and Red."

Party Decor
For the party decor Purple, Green, and Yellow became the dominant colors with a splash of Gold. I wanted to stay true to my inspiration board but time got the best of me. I purchased the table cloths and tacks but never got around to hanging up the table cloth ceiling decor and giant purple balloon I brought from Michael's  never got blown up so it didn't make it's appearance to the party either. So I had to think of something that took less than 10 minutes! So I went with my old faithful tissue paper pom-pom for quick party decor.


I made tissue paper pom-poms  and hung them in the dinning room area. I purchased bead necklaces from Party City and placed on the tables. I also placed mask on both the sweet table and coffee table so guest could wear one if they like.

Food Table
For the food table I set out spoons and forks along side Mardi Gras plates and napkins I ordered online from Party City that were super inexpensive!



I always keep mini champagne glasses from Dollar Tree on hand in my party stash so all I had to do was sugar rim the glass and add a cherry and my purple straws.

Our food table wasn't that fancy! Just two table cloths and we had everything in crockpots! 
But the food was absolutely DELICIOUS!  

Menu
Creole Shrimp & Cheese Grits
French Quarter Fried Fish
Jazz Feast Jambalaya 
Big Easy Bacon-Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
Bourbon Street Red Beans & Rice

Bacon-Jalapeno Cornbread
{I also made regular cornbread muffins for the ones would don't want a kick}

Shrimp & Grits
 

There is so much more of this party to share. I will do a part 2 with all the details on the Sweets & Hurricanes. To see part 2 click Here

Comments

  1. Wow!! I must say you did really a great job in arranging this. The décor, food everything is just wow. I am also planning to arrange a birthday party at one of LA event venues. Will be making it best and memorable day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Much Love Post